Wed, Mar 22|
Flourish Plant Mkt.
PLANT PARENTHOOD 101
Are you a new or struggling plant parent? This instructional class will give you all the basics so you and your plants will flourish. Ticket holders can enjoy 10% off their store purchase the day of the event!
Time & Location
Mar 22, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Flourish Plant Mkt. , 113 S Water St, Kent, OH 44240, USA
About the Event
Join us at our shop for a fun class all about houeplants! All skill levels are encouraged to attend, though this class will focus more on beginner-intermediate topics. One beverage of choice will be included. All participants can also take advantage of 10% off all store products before the workshop!
- Basic plant terms and anatomy to establish a foundation.
- Light: kinds of light, how to measure/know what kind you have and which plants you should choose based on the light you have
- Watering: Stop guessing when to water. We'll give you some tricks that will help you know what to look for (plants will talk to you), know when to water and what watering technique you should use.
- Fertilizer: Basic instruction on what types of fertilizer to use for houseplants and when/how often you should use them.
- Choosing the right plant for you and your home.
- Repotting: When, for what reasons and how often you should repot.
- Pots: We'll talk drainage vs. cache pots (decorative with no holes), pot materials (terracotta, plastic, etc) and size
- Soils: What to use and why
- Pests: Most common indoor pests, what to look for, lifecycle of the pests and how to treat them.
- Suggestions for further reading.
Things you'll need:
- Something to take notes with: pen and paper
What will be provided:
- Instruction with photos and visual references
- Handout with an outline of topics discussed with places to make notes
- One beverage
*Please note that this is an instructional class, not a hands-on workshop.
Become a Plant Perks member to receive our newsletter & stay up to date about all upcoming events!
Plant Parenthood 101
+$0.50 service fee
This ticket gets you admission into the Plant Parenthood 101 workshop, handouts/instruction and 1 beverage of choice.
+$0.50 service fee0